In what was the largest ever Combined Heat and Power project in European horticultural history, Acoustica was selected against stiff competition to provide a complete turnkey acoustic solution.
The full acoustic performance guarantee offered by Acoustica, including the surveying specification sound mapping and mechanical design, manufacture and installation of relevant noise control devices, was a critical component of our selection.
The design brief was a turnkey acoustic solution to silence 18, custom designed, gas fired Jenbacher engines with the capacity to provide 36MW of power. The overall noise level of the engines was predicted to be in excess of 110 dB(A) with a design target in the region of NR30 at the site boundary.
One of the key strengths of Acoustica is the detailed knowledge our engineers have of the application of our products. This strength addressed the wide project scope and after many hours of detailed prediction and acoustic analysis, the finalised noise control system that was recommended included:
- 18 off High performance, modular acoustic enclosures, complete with fast demountable panels for the removal of large service / replacement parts.
- 36 Low frequency, low resistance energy saving industrial grade rectangular duct silencers.
- 36 High performance powder coated acoustic door sets all complete with removable panels and magnetic seals.
- 18 Low frequency, Very high performance industrial grade rectangular Modular Bend Attenuators.
- 72 High deflection spring anti-vibration mounts.
The installation of all of the equipment was successfully achieved using our own installation teams under supervision of our experienced project management, including a detailed 40 page health & safety plan, including site risk assessment and detailed method statements.
The Acoustica design team worked in close liaison with the project management team to ensure all aspects of a challenging and finely co-ordinated installation were successful, and the Acoustic guarantee was met in full.